Turquoise and Taupe Eye Pictorial: Plus Tarte Lash, Camera, Lashes Lash Extending Fibers tryout!
Turquoise and brown is always a fun combination, because the brown helps to rein the bright color in and make the look more wearable and not so over the top.
A little violet-blue liner just gives some definition since the whole look is so metallic.
- Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in GR 412 Lido (pale blue and turquoise shades)
- Shu Uemura ME856 (medium taupe)
- Shu Uemura ME761 (burgundy brown)
- Laura Mercier Violet Asphalt cake eyeliner
- Bourjois Regard Effet Métallisé 54 bleu clinquant (turquoise)
- Clinique High Impact mascara in Black
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Lash Extending Fibers
Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Lash Extending Fibers
This isn’t the easiest thing to use, because it doesn’t come in a liquid formula like typical lash extending fibers.
You’ll need to:
- Apply mascara
- Quickly coat lashes from root to tip with fibers using the brush
- Coat with one more layer of mascara
The good point is it adds both volume AND length, and you can pump up just about ANY mascara.
That said, a wet mascara formula works better than something that is already filled with fibers or dries very fast. You could also end up with clumps if you overdo it. A little bit goes a very long way.
I’d also say this gives volume more than it gives length. Coating fibers on with the little spiky brush tends to coat the shafts of the lashes instead of building up too much length at the tips.
It’s finicky and not for beginners, but if you’re quite experienced with makeup it’s a nice economical option because unlike lash fiber bases, a pot of nylon fibers has an almost infinite shelf life and doesn’t dry out or need to be thrown out quickly